If you’re selfemployed and can’t work because you’re ill with coronavirus, you won’t be able to get statutory sick pay (SSP). If you pay national insurance you might be eligible to claim contribution-based or ‘new style’ ESA. You’ll get ESA from the first day you’re ill. You won’t have to provide a fit note.

  • those affected by coronavirus will be able to apply for Universal Credit and can receive up to a month’s advance up front without physically attending a jobcentre
  • the 7 waiting days for ESA for new claimants will not apply if they are suffering from coronavirus or are required to stay at home – so it will be payable from day one

ESA eligibility link


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *